Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hi from Israel

I'm writing this post from my parents' apartment. No, not their home in New Jersey, their apartment in Jerusalem, Israel. It's awesome to be here, and I hope you all get to experience Passover in Israel. Today I had the privelege of visiting Hebron and praying at the site where the founders of our Nation are buried. The two security checkpoints didn't really bother me, after going through metal detectors 14 times on my way to Israel at the Rome Airport (that's a whole nuthu' story, for a different time. They have to be pretty careful about security there- in fact the bus we went in had bulletproof windows (although I think we were in more danger from the driver than from terrorists).
Tomorrow we plan on visiting Ir David, the place where King David lived and was buried. I hope to keep all two of you updated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

you know they recently excavated the remains of the palace of king david. how cool is that!