Tuesday, March 12, 2013

What's the real tragedy here?

I don't normally read the Las Vegas Review Journal. Not that I have anything against the RJ, it's a fine newspaper. I just get my news from more traditional sources, like ESPN...

On a serious note, I noticed the front page yesterday while at the Coffee Bean and the headline jumped out at me.
"I-15 Crash Stalls Race Fans"
The headline shows a photo of race victor Matt Kenseth holding a child, a great, feel- good headline article. The problem is the subtitle.
"Fatality slows traffic from speedway for for several hours."

The RJ has sent it's message loud and clear. Traffic is a bigger story than a 31 year old woman losing her life.
Shame on RJ. Shame on us as a society that's more interested in 'my schedule' than another human's pain.

No comments: