Tuesday, March 20, 2007

NBA ALL STAR WEEKEND UPDATE


I know its way, way after the fact, as the All- Star weekend was a month ago, but as it took place in my hometown of veggies, i mean vegas, and I had some interesting experiences there, I figured I'd share it with you.
NBA PLAYERS ASSOCIATION PARTY:
The NBA has one big party each year, the night before the All- Star game. It's a private party to which a few thousand people get invited , and there's tight security to make sure you can't get in unless you're an invited guest. This year it took place at the MANDALAY BAY Event center, and naturally, when the NBA found out Dani Locker was in town they had to invite me! Well that's not quite accurate, but I did manage to use a connection and get tickets. It was a pretty crazy party, and I spent most of it outside in the lobby, not being particularly interested in the rap concert starring TI.
There was a preview of a movie they're making about Alan Iverson, and I spent some time shmoozing with my cousin who introduced me to John Starks, Shawn Kemp and Rafer Alston (AKA Skip to my Lou) who was trying to dance with me.
I also got these pictures with my phone of Scottie Pippin and Manut Bol (i think).
I think it was pretty cool that two guys with Yarmulkas were able to walk around there with no problem.
And if you follow College Hoops, my UNLV Runnin' Rebels are going all the way!!!

No comments: