Monday, April 23, 2007

Sheva Brachos

It is customray that for a full week after a new couple gets married, friends and family get together and make a series of parties. I was priveleged enough to be at several sheva brachos parties for Yehuda and Sarah this past Shabbos in L.A.
This past Sunday night, Rabbi and Mrs. Shenker hosted a sheva brachos party in their house. One of the highlights was this song, written and performed by Shaya (dorky) Hecht:

TO THE TUNE OF "Do I know who I am"

The girls want to know who I am
Why my ligament became a rubber band
which one will be the one behind the veil
standing next to me while i wail

JEP is the root of my soul
my job looks hard but that's not really so
I’ll wait ’till Friday, and then pick up the phone
There’ll be 50 guys at the Shabbaton

HIGH

I finally met my soul - my soul mate
it's no surprise that she was number 68
Now someone understands why I am me
I’m glad I found here before I turned 50

i'm really so unique- an entity
Every night activity ended in injury
One ting about my wife- I really like…
She never shouts, “Yehuda off the mike!”


SOME OTHER TUNES:

rabbi shenker is a very hard worker
dani locker is a very hard worker
rabbi karmel is a very hard worker
yehuda maryles we wanted to wish you mazel tov

by Yosaif Cohen
yehuda yehuda yehuda yehuda
yehuda yehuda yehuda yehuda
yehuda yehuda yehuda yehuda yehuda
wow i finallly got your attention
by Azi Steiner

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow i can't get over this dorky guy. He must be really talented. The others are okay but not nearly as good.

Anonymous said...

yes. had dorky written more than half the song himself, it might be
impressive.

Anonymous said...

You know that's really a mean thing to say. I mean if someone did a good job on something you should give him credit.

Anonymous said...

Heh, give credit to a guy who can't write grammen...

Anonymous said...

pretty good job on azi's song although dorky's wasn't terrible

Anonymous said...

right azi should we start calling you lol.

Anonymous said...

That wasn't me. If there are two things I hate in the world its baby blue sweatshirts (no offense dani) and the usage of "lol"...