Sunday, June 8, 2008

If you won't come to the Mountain

One of the least know, yet most important Jewish holidays begins tonight. Know what it is?

If you're scratching your head right now, then you probably need a new bottle of Head n Shoulders. Aside from that, you need to check out these articles about SHAVUOT.




Shavuos, or Shavuot is one of my personal favorites, and not just because my wife made cheese cake in a chocolate pie crust. It celebrates our graduation (yo, Jeff, can I get some pomp and circumstance?) from the U 0f Sinai (known as JUST- Jewish University at Sinai- Torah). It's when G-d gave us all the instructions and tools we need to be good people and productive people. In honor of that, some of us stay up all night (just like color war) and sleep all day (like a waiter).


I plan on learning Torah all night long tonight. Crack open a Jewish book and learn a bit yourself. The credits count towards your graduation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dani, you've pulled a lot of schtick on me during my tenure with Nageela, but posting a poll for a t-shirt design when you have that awesome narnia one right there on top is already crossing the line...